Beef tacos with salsa is a delicious meal with loads of healthy goodness: I used taco shells for this recipe but it works just as well with tortilla wraps. I also added the cheese to the beef so it melts and is evenly distributed. Here’s a simple recipe for beef tacos with salsa
Beef Tacos with Salsa
For the beef filling:
- 1 lb (450g) ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or make your own blend of chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
For the salsa:
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Small corn or flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Grated cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or your choice)
- Sour cream
- Sliced jalapeños (optional)
- Prepare the Salsa:
- In a bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, chopped onion, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Mix well and taste to adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- Cook the Beef Filling:
- In a skillet, heat a bit of oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and ground beef. Cook, breaking up the beef with a spoon, until it’s browned and cooked through.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the beef and mix well.
- Add the water and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until the flavors meld. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Warm the Tortillas:
- Heat the tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat or in the microwave according to the package instructions. Keep them warm by wrapping them in a clean kitchen towel.
- Assemble the Tacos:
- Place a spoonful of the beef filling onto each warm tortilla.
- Top with shredded lettuce, grated cheese, and a spoonful of salsa.
- If desired, add a dollop of sour cream and some sliced jalapeños for extra flavor and heat.
- Arrange the assembled tacos on a serving platter and serve them with extra salsa on the side.
Feel free to customize these beef tacos with your favorite toppings like guacamole, diced onions, or even black beans. Enjoy your delicious homemade beef tacos with salsa!