Here’s a recipe for Wasabi-Infused Creamy Pasta:
For the pasta:
- 8 oz (225g) fettuccine or your preferred pasta
- Salt for pasta water
For the creamy sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook the Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Prepare the Creamy Sauce:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add Cream and Wasabi:
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir to combine with the garlic.
- Gently whisk in the wasabi paste. Start with a small amount and gradually add more according to your desired level of spiciness. Remember, you can always add more later, but you can’t take it out once it’s too spicy.
- Thicken the Sauce:
- Let the cream mixture simmer gently for a couple of minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and continue stirring until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce becomes smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Remember that Parmesan cheese is salty, so go easy on the salt if needed.
- Combine Sauce and Pasta:
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the creamy sauce.
- Toss the pasta gently to coat it evenly with the sauce.
- Divide the creamy pasta among serving plates.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of color and flavor.
- Serve the Wasabi-Infused Creamy Pasta hot and enjoy its unique and delicious flavor!
Remember, wasabi can be quite strong, so start with a small amount and adjust according to your taste preferences. You can also customize this recipe by adding cooked shrimp, grilled chicken, or sautéed vegetables to the pasta for extra protein and nutrients.